Location: Remote Canada or US
POINT Biopharma Global Inc. is a globally focused radiopharmaceutical company building a platform for the clinical development and commercialization of radioligands that fight cancer. POINT aims to transform precision oncology by combining a portfolio of targeted radioligand assets, a seasoned management team, an industry-leading pipeline, in-house manufacturing capabilities, and secured supply for medical isotopes including actinium-225 and lutetium-177. POINT’s active clinical trials include FRONTIER, a phase 1 trial for PNT2004, a pan-cancer program targeting fibroblast activation protein-α (FAP-α), and SPLASH, the phase 3 trial for PNT2002 for people with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) after second-line hormonal treatment.
TO BE CONSIDERED, APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN THE USA OR CANADA.
Location: Remote (USA or Canada)
Learn more about the exciting news of POINT Biopharma joining Eli Lilly’s oncology sector https://www.pointbiopharma.com/press-releases/lilly-to-acquire-point-biopharma
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Process Chemistry, the Process Chemist (Isotopes) will be experienced in radiochemistry, medical isotope production and/or process chemistry. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in medical isotope production and have demonstrated experience working in the sourcing and vendor management for the supply of a variety of radioisotopes (α-, β-, and γ-emitters).
Familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), validation of chemical processes and analytical methods, and related regulatory submissions would be considered assets. The candidate will be comfortable working in collaboration with external partners and other POINT departments to ensure successful supply of radioisotopes to enable the progression of novel drug candidates into POINT’s clinical pipeline.
This position is based remotely and is not a hands-on radiochemistry role.
- Support POINT’s programs from R&D to clinical stages, to ensure radioisotopes are available as required for manufacturing of POINT drug candidates.
- Work closely with R&D, pre-clinical, clinical and regulatory teams to ensure radioisotopes meet phase-appropriate requirements.
- Identify new vendors and work with current external partners to ensure reliable and redundant supply of radioisotopes.
- Take responsibility for technical management of potential and current external radioisotope vendors.
- Provide technical support to external partners to define medical isotope production and purification processes and related specifications/analytical methods.
- Develop clinical supply of radioisotopes with external partners, ensuring routine and robust availability for development, validation and clinical manufacture.
- Provide verbal and written reports and presentations to company stakeholders and managers in a clear and concise manner.
- Support interdepartmental planning and development of POINT’s pipeline.
- In collaboration with project managers, direct manager, and cross-functional teams, develop timelines and deliverables of radioisotopes to accomplish project goals.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum BSc in a related discipline (e.g. organic chemistry, radiochemistry, nuclear physics). MSc or PhD is preferred.
- BSc/MSc with 8+ years of relevant industry experience in radioisotope production or radiochemistry, or PhD with 4+ years industry experience.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated strong scientific and analytical skills required.
- Previous experience in a GMP environment is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with drafting of regulatory submissions is considered an asset.
- In depth knowledge of and experience in current medical isotope production, purification and analysis methods.
- Proficient in MS 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
- Position will require up to 20% travel within North America and abroad into the EU. A valid passport and eligible to travel into these countries are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail, well organized, and highly motivated.
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Healthcare plan (medical, dental, vision) – effective day 1
- Life insurance
- RRSP matching plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days & Public Holidays)
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- $50 cell phone reimbursement per paycheck ($1,300 per year)
- $1,500 one-time allowance for remote based positions to set-up a home office
To apply, visit our career’s website https://apply.workable.com/pointbiopharma/j/311DD4D544/
To learn more about POINT Biopharma and the pipeline: