Associate Director, Discovery Radiochemistry
Location: Toronto downtown onsite
POINT Biopharma is an innovative, high-performance company focused on a hard problem: creating new cancer therapies that are more effective and have fewer side effects than traditional treatments. Our products are targeted radioligands, a technology that hold significant promise to treat cancer. Our company is growing rapidly: we just announced a phase 3 clinical trial for our novel radioligand based prostate cancer treatment, established our U.S. manufacturing center in Indianapolis, and have a pipeline of next generation oncology products in development. We are a creative and agile team accountable to a high standard: to be uniquely better. If you are searching for new and uniquely better career path, you should consider joining the POINT team.
Learn more about the exciting news of POINT Biopharma joining Eli Lilly’s oncology sector https://www.pointbiopharma.com/press-releases/lilly-to-acquire-point-biopharma
Location: Onsite Toronto downtown at UHN located at University and College area.
The Associate Director of Discovery Radiochemistry will be a leader and scientific expert in the discovery and development of novel radioligands for use in cancer imaging and therapy. They will work in collaboration with team members, other departments, and external partners (CDMOs) to lead the development of novel radioligands, enable the supply of radiolabeled compounds for preclinical experiments, conduct formulation development, and support the development of radiopharmaceutical manufacturing processes for clinical development.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate leadership and management capabilities
- Oversee the development of the next-generation of radiopharmaceuticals by leading radiochemistry research and development for discovery programs
- Produce and supply radiolabeled compounds to support the preclinical evaluation of novel radioligands
- Design and conduct radiolabelling and formulation optimization studies
- Evaluate and integrate novel technology into the Discovery Radiochemistry team’s workflow
- Support the development of cGMP radiopharmaceutical manufacturing processes to enable clinical development activities
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team including Preclinical, Translational Radiochemistry, Quality Assurance, and Facilities
- Interact and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders including business and industry partners
- Proactively tracking of innovation and supporting IP filing activities
- Prepare and deliver presentation for internal and external team meetings
- Author development reports, manuscripts for publication in journals, and patent applications
- PhD in radiochemistry, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience in the development of novel radiopharmaceuticals
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience in radiochemistry development or radiopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experienced in radiochemistry development including imaging radioisotopes (ie. F-18, Ga-68, Cu-64, Zr-89, In-111) and therapeutic radioisotopes (ie. Lu-177, Ac-225, Tb-161, Cu-67, Pb-212).
- Experienced in quality control testing of radiopharmaceuticals including radio-HPLC, radio-ITLC and GC.
- Functional understanding of the principles of cGMP radiochemistry production requirements
- Knowledge of environmental health and radioprotection requirements are considered assets.
- Proven ability to work independently with strong organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize projects and manage timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional knowledge of GMPs and applicable FDA, EMA, Health Canada, USP, ICH and PDA guidelines.
- Position will require up to 20% of travel within North America and abroad into the EU. A valid passport and eligible to travel into these countries are required.
- Healthcare plan (medical, dental, vision) – effective day 1
- Life insurance
- RRSP matching plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days & Public Holidays)
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- $50 cell phone reimbursement per paycheck ($1,300 per year)
To apply, visit our career’s website https://apply.workable.com/pointbiopharma/j/E2641E9F59/
To learn more about POINT Biopharma and the pipeline: